Pluss is delighted to have been awarded the Work and Health Programme contract for Southern England by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
This result will allow Pluss to support an even greater number of people with health conditions and disabilities into sustainable work.
Pluss has a proud heritage of supporting people with health and disability needs and has developed a new model called ‘Opportunities Unlimited’ that will deliver a truly personalised service for job seekers. The key principle to our solution is that with the right support, most people can find work and build a career. We want to ensure that no-one is left behind.
We expect that at least 85% of participants on the programme will have a health condition or disability. Pluss has therefore developed a locally integrated supply chain of specialist providers who will deliver innovative services to jobseekers across the entire Southern region.
The Southern Contract Package Area (CPA) covers the following Jobcentre Plus districts:
- Devon, Cornwall and Somerset
- Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Wiltshire and Dorset
- Avon, Severn and Thames (excluding Milton Keynes and Aylesbury)
- Berkshire, Surrey, Brighton and West Sussex
The needs of customers will be diverse and our delivery is designed to reach isolated coastal towns, dispersed rural communities and urban hubs.
Pluss will also continue to raise the profile of the DWP’s Disability Confident campaign to help employers fill vacancies through a diverse workforce.
Steve Hawkins, Chief Executive at Pluss, said “Pluss is proud that our health and disability expertise and performance has been recognised by the Department for Work and Pensions. We are delighted to have secured this contract which enables us to work with individuals, stakeholders and employers across the Southern region. We believe people of all abilities should be inspired to achieve a career and this has underpinned our vision for over 45 years.”
Pluss will begin delivery of the Work and Health Programme in January 2018. The contract will help over 35,000 people across the Southern CPA into sustainable employment over the next seven years.
- Pluss is an award winning Community Interest Company that supports thousands of people with disabilities, health conditions and other disadvantages move into sustainable employment each year. With a turnover of over £21 million and a proven track record spanning more than 45 years, we are recognised as one of the leading disability employment specialists in the UK. We deliver a range of nationally and locally procured employment programmes on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), European Social Fund (ESF), Big Lottery Fund, Local Authorities and the NHS. We are rated as ‘Good’ by the Merlin Standard for quality and management of our subcontractors.
- The Work and Health Programme will be part-funded by the European Social Fund.
- The Work and Health Programme will work with the following customer groups:
- People with health conditions, mental health conditions and disabilities (Over 80% of customers).
- Other individuals who face significant disadvantages including carers, homeless, ex offenders, ex-forces, care leavers, refugees and people with a history of substance misuse.
- Individuals who have been registered unemployed and out of work for two years or more.