The Work and Health Programme is designed to give you the right support to achieve your employment potential.
We will help you to identify your strengths and find the right job. Don’t worry if you don’t feel ready for work when we first meet. It is our job to help you get ready in a way that works for you.
Your journey into work...
At our first meeting we will:
- Meet at a venue that is convenient and comfortable for you
- Get you started on the programme
- Show you how to log on to your online Pluss Opportunities Hub.
Your Change Coach will help you to:
- Explore your strengths and the type of work you want to do
- Look at your support needs and develop an action plan. This will setout the actions we will both take to help you find a job
- Help you get the most out of your online Pluss Opportunities Hub.
You will get the help that works best for you. The plan you have agreed with your Change Coach may include:
- Using a computer for all kinds of online learning on the Pluss Opportunities Hub – from exploring self-employment to improving computer skills and learning about useful ways to relax
- Community based activities – things like walking groups, healthy eating and money advice
- Working with our trainers on your interview skills and job search
- Getting specialist help if you need to overcome a problem – like substance misuse, managing anxiety or family support.
Your Change Coach will help you to review and update your action plan monthly to begin with. This will include exploring how you feel you have progressed so far.
We will help you to find the right job. This will include:
- Searching and applying for jobs, and helping you to feel confident about interviews
- Introducing you to open-minded employers to arrange work trials and interviews
- Helping you to learn and manage your new work routine In work support for both you and your employer – including advice and funding towards workplace adjustments
- Getting you the right help to understand benefits and money advice
The Pluss Opportunities Hub is your very own online service. It is packed full of learning, resources and support to help you on your journey into work.
You can access your Pluss Opportunities Hub 24 hours a day to help you organise your appointments, view your action plan and check your progress towards work.
Starting on the programme...
If you are interested in finding out more about the Work and Health Programme, you will need to speak to an advisor in your local Jobcentre Plus. Please click here to find your nearest Jobcentre Plus.
The Work and Health Programme is co-financed by the European Social Fund.