Our Learning Disability Services offers a supportive pathway into employment for people wishing to find paid work.
We will help you find the right job to match your aspirations, skills and support needs. We can help you access time limited work experience to develop your skills and will approach employers on your behalf to secure the type of work you want.
Once you are in paid work the support continues in the form of job coaching to settle in and learn new tasks. We will also undertake regular reviews with you and your employer to ensure that you are progressing well in your new job. We will work with you at your own pace.
Area's of support offered are:
- Getting to know all about you
- Work experience placements (time limited)
- Travel training, and support to and from work
- Job coaching to help you settle into your new job and learn new tasks
- An up-to-date CV and help with job searching
- Links with local employers to help you find paid work
- Regular reviews with you and your new employer to ensure that you are happy in your job
- A named member of staff who will work alongside you
- Signposting to other organisations for support. For example, benefits advice, training or social activities.
We work with people (of all ages) with a learning disability, autism and people with additional physical or sensory disabilities. We are particularly happy to work with young people leaving school or college and with people who have never worked before. We offer employment support every day of the week as required.
Referrals to the Learning Disability Service can be made directly to Pluss by:
- Individuals looking for work
- Parents and carers
- Day centres and schools
- Health and Social Care professionals
This service is funded by Plymouth City Council but individuals can also purchase 1:1 employment support from their personal budgets.