Right Steps to Work is a voluntary programme that will help you develop skills, achieve your goals, and move towards and into work.
Matching your skills to the right job
We believe in supporting you to find the right job.
To do this we get to know you, your skills and ambitions. We will then help you to prepare for
work and make contact with local employers. We have great links with over 700 employers
across West Yorkshire.
Help to develop your skills and confidence
Our support is individually tailored and can include:
- Personal development – help to build your confidence, health and wellbeing.
- Help with daily life – including advice on housing, childcare, money management,
healthy eating and much more.
- Help to manage health conditions and disability.
- Training – from basic skills to IT, vocational and professional qualifications.
- Access to benefits advice – to ensure you will be better off in work.
Help to move towards and into work.
Our support includes:
- Job search – preparing CVs, applications and interview.
- Access to computers, printers and photocopiers at our digital hub.
- Work trials – so you can try out jobs and gain experience.
- Advice on apprenticeships and self-employment.
- A guaranteed interview with one of our partner employers.
Once you enter into work we will stay in regular contact with you for at least 13 weeks. You can also contact our helpline for advice and support.
Am I eligible?
If you are unemployed, maybe/not claiming benefits, and are looking at returning to the workplace or improve your employment skills, our programe
is designed to help you.
You may also fit into one of the following priority groups:
- Have a history of substance misuse
- Homeless or ex-offender
- Are from a Black or ethnic minority background
- Dyslexia, dyspraxia or on the autistic spectrum
- Have a mental health issue or learning difficulty
- Physical disabilities or impairments
- Young person, especially those leaving care
- Lone parent
- Caring responsibilities
- Basic skills need (Level 1 or under)
Pluss and our partners are delivering ‘Right Steps to Work’ on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions, and the European Social Fund.
It is co-financed by the European Social Fund.