The Business Case
Employing a diverse workforce makes good business sense. Over 11 million people in Great Britain have a long-term health condition or disability. That's 1 in 5 of your customers.
By working with Pluss you can:
- Tap in to a significant pool of talent and get the best person for the job.
Our jobseekers can be exceptionally dedicated and loyal, with lower sickness rates, better time keeping, attendance, and Health and Safety records.
- Improve morale, performance and bottom line results.
Our employers tell us how employing a person with a disability has breathed life into their business, improved productivity and customer service, and is one of the best decisions they have ever made.
- Save money.
The ‘reasonable adjustments’ that are sometimes needed by our customers cost very little - if anything at all. Often it is just about being flexible and accommodating.
- Tap into the spending power of disabled people.
Did you know?
- Disabled people and their families have an estimated spending power of over £249 billion a year.
- One third of people between 50 and 64 years old have a disability.
- One third of all employees are disabled or close to a disabled person.
If you are positive about disability, they are more likely to spend their money with you. Your disabled staff will also be able to advise you on how to meet your disabled customer’s needs.
- Ensure you are compliant with current legislation.
We can advise you on how to make practical reasonable adjustments to support your employee at work.
- Enhance your company’s Corporate Social Responsibility.
Corporate Social Responsibility is all about a company improving its impact on the economy, the environment and society. Customers are increasingly expecting businesses to do this - and to go beyond simply 'what is required' legislation. By working with Pluss, you can demonstrate your commitment to improving the life chances of local people, their families and their local communities.