Highlights from Dorset
As well as our bespoke programme with Rockfish (click here if you missed it!), we have also developed a new hospitality routeway with Kentucky Fried Chicken. The four day course covers all aspects of how to work in the hospitality and catering industry. We are delighted that this has already supported three participants into work. What a fantastic result!
We also had a record turn out from Bournemouth JobCentre Plus to join us for our monthly meeting this month. DEA, Neil Robinson, attended along with 10 other Work Coaches, DEAs and Managers.
We were also delighted to open our doors for Employability Day in June to let everyone know all about how our Work and Health Programme can help people.
A big shout out to... Neil at Jobcentre Plus for his great communication skills and his proactive, positive approach to the Work and Health Programme.
Highlights from Wiltshire
We are delighted to welcome Denise Lewington as the new Team Leader, and Laura Pipe and Hannah Donovan as Change Coaches from September. Our highlights:
Pluss participant, Albert, came into the office to show off his new uniform – he was beaming from ear to ear and he absolutely made everyones day!
We held a Confidence Building workshop in Swindon run by Steph, Aimee, Hannah and Laura, whilst Seetec Pluss held their Board meeting next door.
We sponsored and spoke at Michelle Donelan MP's Melksham Disability Confident event – Pluss participant Carla completely stole the show (check out Carla's story if you missed it)!
We had a really successful 'Motivation into Work' workshop in Swindon with 18 participants attending.
We have also started an 'Aspire' course in Trowbridge for our participants.
A ‘Big Shout out to… Catherine Allender, DEA in Trowbridge and Chippenham, for doing all the caseload conferences and all the Work Coaches at Swindon JCP as we start the Group Information Sessions in August.
Upcoming events and news
- 12th September is Employers Day in Swindon. Eight employers will be attending to meet participants to discuss current vacancies, different approaches to formal interview and informal ways to showcase talent!
- The National Careers Service has been working out of our Swindon, Salisbury, Trowbridge, Chippenham and Devizes spaces for some time and, from September, will start running some group sessions for us.
- Tina Dolman, one of our star Change Coaches, is starting her next ACT confidence course in Chippenham, which has had fantastic results in helping participants manage anxiety, depression and low self-esteem.
- We'll be meeting with Remploy to explore expanding the Lloyds Placements and Marks & Start programmes that we have in Swindon and Wiltshire.
- We'll be rolling out the new video of our online Opportunities Hub so that Work Coaches better understand what participants can view, explore and share.
Highlights from Portsmouth and Southampton
We'd love to invite you all to our Pathway to Work event which will take place at the Cascades Shopping Centre in Portsmouth on 19th September 2019.
Angie Napolitano from Portsmouth Jobcentre has been instrumental in organising the event with Amy from Cascades and Portsmouth City Council.
This is an annual event where Angie invites employers to support their recruitment within the local community. It has been running for a number of years and has achieved a great deal of success developing employment opportunities.
It highlights Angie's successful relationship building with local employers and her enthusiasm to produce a great event.
A big shout out to... (no surprises!) Angie for all her efforts. We are really looking forward to the event.
Also, our next LEM will take place in Southampton on 3rd October 2019.