Many things in life can affect your health and wellbeing. GP's tell us that many people visit them feeling isolated, lonely or worried about work, housing and money.
These are things that cannot be fixed by doctors or medicine alone. This is why Pluss are delighted to launch our new social prescribing services in Falmouth, Penryn
and St Austell.
What is Social Prescribing?
At its most basic, social prescribing offers the kind of help that doesn't come in a tube or bottle. The idea is to help you have more control over your healthcare and find
ways to manage your needs in away that suits you.
There are lots of different ways that social prescribing can help, particularly with:
• Money management
• Loneliness and isolation
• Healthy eating
• Mental health
• Meeting new friends
• Discovering new experiences
It often starts with a conversation. That's where Pluss comes in. We are here to listen to you and put you in touch with whatever you might need in order to feel better.
• Signpost you to services and groups within your local community
• Help you to develop goals to improve your health and wellbeing
• Help you to be with and give back to your communities
• Support you to take greater control of your health and wellbeing
There are hundreds of groups and activities within your communities that can help you on your journey to better health and wellbeing.
How does it work?
Our Health and Wellbeing Coaches receive referrals from GP surgeries and will work with you to identify your needs, set goals and signpost you to support within the community, such as:
• Finance, housing or benefits assistance
• Art and creative activities
• Exercise and dance classes
• Outdoor activities - walks, fishing and gardening clubs
• Supported learning, training and employment
• Volunteering and time banks
• Counselling or therapy groups
• Book groups or cooking classes
… and much, much more
Where are we?
Pluss’ Health and Wellbeing Coaches will work in the following GP practices:
- Trescobeas Surgery, Falmouth. Visit www.trescobeas-surgery.co.uk
- The Falmouth Health Centre Practice. Visit https://www.faldoc.co.uk/
- Westover Surgery Falmouth. Visit http://www.westoversurgery.co.uk/
- Penryn Surgery. Visit https://www.penryn.co.uk/
- St Austell Healthcare. Visit www.staustellhealthcare.co.uk/social-prescribing.html
If you would like to find out more, please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Stevens, Partnership Coordinator, at email@example.com
Positive People is funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery Community Fund.