Pluss provides a friendly and supportive training service for people with a learning disability who would like to learn practical work skills with a view to finding paid employment.
We have a wide range of activities on offer in a spacious, positive working environment. This includes:
- Gardening / Horticulture
- Light assembly and packaging
- Arts and Crafts
- Involvement with other training opportunities in the Plymouth area
Pluss will work with individuals at their own pace to develop their skills for work. We can also provide support to look for paid employment. This includes:
- Working with others in a team
- Getting used to working life and trying out different types of work
- Getting ready for work. For example, we run job clubs, can help develop CV's and identify work options
- General skills training. For example, Health and Safety, and communication skills
- Help to plan for and find paid work, job trials, work experience or voluntary work
Once an individual enters into work, our support follows into the workplace.